Thursday, September 10, 2009

Writing from the darkness

While reading through the passage I became very sympathetic to the authors emotions. I enjoyed reading the passage because she clearly explained in vivid detail her experiences with writing. It was captivating to see this passage through the author’s eyes. I feel that the author explained her feelings better than I believe I could ever express mine in my own writing.

As her grandfather once said, “There is light in darkness, you just have to find it.” I feel that she personally found writing was the light to her darkness. It was merely her way out instead of choosing death. I think everyone has their own way of dealing with tough times. I was never into writing or reading as a teenager because I just never understood its importance. My outlet was twirling and dancing. I found peace within it. I could be having an awful day and therefore I would just go outside and twirl away all my anger and frustrations. Just like writing poetry was the author's way to release and move beyond the pain she felt. Unlike the author, I never went through any comparable pain however, in a similar way we were able to find the light within ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment