Friday, September 11, 2009

A day of rememberence

We shall never forget,
We shall keep this day,
We shall keep the events and the tears
In our minds, our memory
and our hearts and take
them with us as we carry on.

As we commemorate the eighth anniversary of September 11 we remember those who lost their lives in this tragic event. Eight years ago, on an ordinary Tuesday morning, nearly 3,000 lives were lost in the deadliest attack on American soil in our history. I can remember back to when I was in 5th grade. Our teacher suddenly stopped class and turned on the television as we watched the news broadcast about this shocking moment. We soon learned that this was a planned hijacking, and I remember hearing President George Bush declaring war upon Al-Qaeda and the United States of America. It’s been about five years since we have been at war with the Middle East. As my heart goes out to each and every family across America dealing with the loss of a family member, I pray for the families who are currently watching their loved ones head off to war. This subject hits close to home for me because my cousin recently graduated from West Point Military Academy and could almost immediately be deployed. I never imagined that within my family I would ever encounter this feeling. I respect each and every soldier fighting for this country because without them, life would not be worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment