Saturday, September 12, 2009

Deliah's Escape

I speak for myself but I’m sure most people will agree that snakes just aren’t pleasant reptiles to be in contact with. Therefore, I am definitely opposed to having one as a pet. As I was looking through the news on AOL I came upon an article about a 16 year old, 18 foot long, 400-pound python named Deliah, that was seized from a Florida home. Apparently the python had escaped the owner after being removed from its unsuitable chain-link cage shortly after eating seven rabbits for breakfast. It sends chills down my spine just viewing photos of reptiles and to imagine how anyone could have a pet python that large seems wild. I believe that everyone who is granted with an opportunity to own a python or any type of reptile should have a restricted limit of size. If it would exceed the limit, they could still own it but they should be required to keep in a confined place suitable for the animals needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment