Friday, October 16, 2009

Sunday Night Dinners

So I'm sure no one cares to hear about my sob stories, but lately I've just been feeling the need to vent them out. Everyone in my family seems to be acting out in such a depressive manner, and I felt the need to help. My Grandma used to cook Sunday night dinners every week. It was something I always looked forward to, since our family was so large and close to home it always worked out. Well all my cousins grew up and had kids and moved away because of jobs within the government and such. This was traumatic for me because I didn't want to see them go, and I knew this meant only one thing, less Sunday night dinners. I was right! This past year we've had about 5 dinners in all, which is such a drastic change from having them every weekend. This all ties into to my weekend plans. My father has been going through a rough patch and so I was thinking of something that might cheer him up. Last week he shot a seven point deer and this weekend I'm going to build on his happiness! I am having a Sunday night dinner with spaghetti, meatballs, salad, garlic bread, and best of all dessert! I am so excited to see how this turns out. Please pray that this helps to cheer up my father!

1 comment:

  1. You are so amazing! I hope it helped, but if it didn't just keep trying. Some of my best childhood memories are of that magical meal. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete